Tips: This recipe works best when you use day old croissants.
Best to be served warm, however it does reheat well in the oven.
8 Croissants, cut into four crossways
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1/3 cup Thickened Cream
1/4 cup Almond Meal (Ground Almonds)
250g Fresh or Frozen Raspberries
200g good quality White Chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons Flaked Almonds
Icing Sugar, to serve
Double Cream or Ice cream, to serve
1. Lightly grease the base and sides of a cake tin or baking pan of your choice, preferably a spingform pan.
2. Arrange half the croissants, cut side up, in the prepared pan, making sure the base of the pan is completely covered.
3. Combine the eggs, sugar, thickened cream and almond meal in a bowl. Use a fork to whisk until the mixture is well combined.
4. Pour half of the mixture over the croissants and let stand for 10 minutes to allow the croissants to absorb some of the mixture.
5. Sprinkle over half of the raspberries and three quarters of the white chocolate.
6. Top with the remaining croissants and press down to firmly compact the ingredients into the pan.
7.Pour over the remaining mixture and let stand for another 10 minutes.
8.Preheat oven and a baking tray to 180C (170C fan-forced).
9. Top with remaining raspberries and white chocolate and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
10. Place cake tin on the hot baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden.
11. Stand the cake for 10 minutes in the pan.
To Serve: Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with cream or ice cream